THE SOLUTION OF A MATHEMATICAL MODEL FOR COVID-19 TRANSMISSION AND VACCINATION IN NIGERIA BY USING A DIFFERENTIAL TRANSFORMATION METHOD
In this work, Differential Transform Method (DTM) was employed to obtain the series solution of the SIRV COVID-19 model in Nigeria. The validity of the DTM in solving the model was validated by Maple 21’s Classical fourth-order Runge-Kutta method. The comparison between DTM and Runge- Kutta (RK4) solutions was performed and there was a good correlation between the results obtained by the two methods. The result validates the accuracy and efficiency of the DTM to solve the model
2. Abioye A. I., Ibrahim, M. O., Peter, O. J., Amadiegwu, S. and Oguntolu, F. A. (2018). Differential Transform Method for Solving Mathematical Model of SEIR and SEI Spread of Malaria, International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). Vol. 40, No 1, pp 197-219.
3. Adebisi A. F, Peter O. J, Ayoola T. A, Ayoade A. A, Faniyi O. E and Ganiyu A. B. (2019). Semi-analytic method for solving infectious disease model. Science World Journal. Vol 14 (No 1, ISSN 1597-6343). www.scienceworldjournal.org.
4. Akogwu, B. O. and Fatoba, J. O. (2022). Numerical solutions of covid-19 SIRD model in Nigeria. FUDMA Journal of Sciences (FJS), ISSN online: 2616-1370, ISSN print: 2645 – 2944, vol. 6 No. 4, pp 60 – 67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33003/fjs-2022-0604-989
5. Attah F., Ayuba S. A. and Abdulrasheed S. I. (2022). Analysis of a Modified Covid-19 Model in Nigeria and Approximations Using Differential Transformation Method, Dutse Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (DUJOPAS). Vol. 8 No. 2b, ISSN (Print): 2476-8316 ISSN (Online): 2635-3490, https://dx.doi.org/10.4314/dujopas.v8i2b.17.
6. Christopher A. J., Magesh N. and Preethi G. T. (2020). Dynamical analysis of corona-virus (COVID-19) epidemic model by differential transform method, Research Square (preprint). DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-25819/v1
7. Eguda, F, Y., Andrawus, J. and Babuba, S. (2019). The Solution of a Mathematical Model for Dengue Fever Transmission Using Differential Transformation Method. J. Nig. Soc. Phys. Sci., 1 (2019) 82–87.
8. Garg, P., Madan, S. Arora, R., Singh. D.K. (2022). Covid-19 cases in Morocco: A comparative analysis, Results in Nonlinear Analysis 5, No. 3, 337–346. https://doi.org/10.53006/rna.1015199.
9. Hassan, Z., Hashim, M.J. and Khan, G. (2020). Population Risk Factors for COVID-
19 Deaths in Nigeria at Sub-National Level. The Pan African Medical Journal, 35, Article No. 131.
10. He, J. H. (2008). The recent development of the homotopy perturbation method. Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, 31(2), 205-209.
11. Ibis, M., Bayram, B. and Agargun, G. (2011). Applications of Fractional Differential Transform Method to Fractional Differential-Algebraic Equations, European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics. Vol. 4, 5543.
12. IMF (2020) IMF Annual Report 2020: “A Year Like No Other”.
13. Lawal, J., Ibrahim, M. H.and Ibrahim, M. O. (2018). Solution of cholera carrier epidemic model using differential transform method (DTM). International Journal of Engineering Science & Research Technology, 7(1), 242-249.
14. Mungangaa, J. M. W., Mwambakanab, J. N., Maritza, R., Batubengea, T.A. and Moremedia, G. M. (2014). Introduction of the differential transform method to solve differential equations at the undergraduate level, International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, Vol. 45(5), Pp. 781–794.
15. Methi, G. (2016). Solution of Differential Equation Using Differential Transform Method, Asian Journal of Mathematics & Statistics. Vol 9, pp. 13.
16. Mirzaee, F. (2011). Differential Transform Method for Solving Linear and Nonlinear Systems of Ordinary Differential Equations, Applied Mathematical Sciences. Vol. 5, pp. 70.
17. Nazari, D. and Shahmorad, S. (2010). Application of the fractional differential transform method to fractional-order integrodifferential equations with nonlocal boundary conditions, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 234 (2010) 883.
18. NCDC (2021) NCDC Coronavirus COVID-19 Microsite. https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/.
19. Ndii M. Z., Anggriani N. and Supriatna A. K., (2018). Application of differential transformation method for solving dengue transmission mathematical model, In AIP conference proceedings. vol. 1937, no. 1, pp. 020012. AIP Publishing LLC.
20. Nnama-Okechukwu, C.U., Chukwu, N.E. and Nkechukwu, C.N. (2020) COVID-19 in Nigeria: Knowledge and Compliance with Preventive Measures. Social Work in Public Health, 35, 590-602. https://doi.org/10.1080/19371918.2020.1806985.
21. Okoroiwu1, H. U., Ogar, C. O, Egom Nja , G M., Abunimye, D. A. and Ejemot-Nwadiaro, R. I. (2021). COVID-19 in Nigeria: an account of epidemiological events, response, management, preventions and lessons learned, Original article, GERMS (2021), ISSN – L. 2248 – 2997.
22. Olaosebikan, M. L., Victor, A. A., Uwaheren, O. A., Ayoola, T. A. Ajisope , M. O. (2021). Solution of a SIR Infectious Disease Model by Differential Transform Method, journal of science technology and education. 9(3), ISSN: 2277-0011. Journal homepage: www.atbuftejoste.com.
23. Omoloye, M. A., Adewale, S O., Umar, A. M. and Oladapo A. O. (2021). Analysis of coronavirus disease model by differential transform method (DTM). Vol. 7, Issue-3, IJARIIE-ISSN(O)-2395-4396.
24. Osman, M. A. E., Adu, K. K. and Yang, C. (2017). A Simple SEIR Mathematical Model of Malaria Transmission, Asian Research Journal of Mathematics. Vol. 7, 1.
25. Oyedepo, T., Adebisi, A.F. Tayo, R. M. Adedeji, and A. Peter, O. J. (2021). Perturbed least squares technique for solving Volterra fractional integrodifferential equations based on constructed orthogonal polynomials. Journal of Mathematical and Computer Science, Vol. 11, Pp. 203- 218.
26. Pakwan, R., Sherif, E.S., Arthit, I. and Khanchit, C. (2021). Applications of the Differential Transformation Method and Multi-Step Differential Transformation Method to Solve a Rotavirus Epidemic Model, Mathematics and Statistics, 9(1), 71-80. DOI: 10.13189/ms.2021.090112
27. .Peter, O. J. and Ibrahim, M. O. (2017). Application of Differential Transform Method in Solving a Typhoid Fever Model, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Optimization: Theory and Applications, 250.
28. Peter O., Ibrahim M. O., Oguntolu F. A., Akinduko O. B. and Akinyemi S. T. (2018). Direct and indirect transmission dynamics of typhoid fever model by differential transform method, ATBU, Journal of Science, Technology and Education (JOSTE., vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 167-177.
29. Phaijoo, G. R. and Gurung, D. B. (2015). Mathematical Model of Dengue Fever with and without awareness in Host Population, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Applications. Vol. 1, Pp. 2454.
30. Schlickeiser, R. and Kröger, M. (2021). Analytical Modeling of the Temporal Evolution of Epidemics Outbreaks Accounting for Vaccinations. Physics (2021). Vol. 3, 386–426. https://doi.org/10.3390/physics3020028.
31. Wazwaz, A.M. (2005). Adomian decomposition method for a reliable treatment of the
Bratu-type equations. Appl Math Comput 166:652–663.
32. World Bank (2020) Annual Report 2020. https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/annual-report-https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/ar/2020/eng/.
33. Zhou, J.K. (1986). Differential transformation and its applications for electrical circuits. Huazhong University Press, Wuhan, China (1986) (in Chinese).
Copyright (c) 2022 FUDMA JOURNAL OF SCIENCES
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
FUDMA Journal of Sciences